You MUST pre-register by August 21. Please call the church office (308.754.4770) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Labor Day weekend is an all-church camping trip to Schneidereit Ranch in Brewster, NE. While we realize that camping has little to with making mature followers of Jesus Christ, the deacons of Grace Church recognize its value in deepening relationships and we have reserved this campground for us to use Labor Day weekend – September 2-5. There is lots of space for tents and RVs (you may want to bring your own generator), there are a few beds available inside the mess hall (by prior request only; first come-first served), and there are some hotel rooms available in Brewster about seven miles from the campsite. This trip is open to any who enjoys camping and wants to spend a weekend with others from the church family so if you want to join us, please let us know. Cost is $5 per person per day (we are calling this a three-day trip). For more details or to register, contact the church office (308.754.4770). Note: in order to keep our costs as low as possible, we need to know which meals you are planning to eat with us. Meals provided are Friday night snack, three meals on Saturday and Sunday and two meals on Monday. Please let us know as soon as possible if your family has special food needs.
Here are some details to help you with your planning:
- Friday: No evening meal is being planned although we are providing a snack. You will want to bring food for your family if a meal is required for your family’s needs.
- The same cooks from last year are coming again this year. They will prepare all our meals from Saturday morning to Monday lunch. They are not charging anything for this service to us so please consider giving them a gift from your family as a thank you to them.
- Any personal snacks or special drinks for your kids will be your family’s responsibility to provide.
As mentioned above, the advertised cost is $15 per person for the whole weekend. This fee only covers about half the cost of the weekend, so if you are able and want to help the church pay the remaining half, all extra gifts would be appreciated. Any payments should be marked “Campout” and all checks should be made to Grace Church. If you would like to help provide some of the food items for the weekend to keep our costs lower, please contact the church office (308.754.4770).
- We are allowed to hunt doves with proper hunting permits.
- We are allowed to target shoot with rifles, handguns, and archery.
- We are allowed to fish and use kayaks on their 100-acre lake although they said extra oars might be helpful as theirs are not in good condition. The lake is privately managed so no state fishing license is necessary.
- A pontoon is available to use as a dock for fishing.
- Fishing gear is available for our use.
- Two canoes and plenty of life jackets are available for our use.
- Perch, bass, bluegill are available to catch and you are allowed to keep what you catch.
- If you choose to fish, weed-less bait is preferred as the lake is shallow and there are lots of weeds.
- There is plenty of space for walking.
- Table games and puzzles are available.
- Photography is always an option (bring your own camera!)
The owners recommend bringing shoes and/or boots as they have a lot of sandburs on their property. Sweatpants are not recommended.
The weekend is scheduled to begin Friday evening and go through Monday afternoon. You can arrive and/or leave anytime Friday through Monday. Sunday morning we will have a worship service together but other than that, no other group activities are scheduled.
Note: We are not providing a full meal Friday night as we assume most people will want to eat before arriving. Let Pastor Daniel know if you have any other questions. Thank you!
P.S. If you want to come earlier or stay later, here is the contact number for Ivan and Amy – 308.547.2257. You can make the financial arrangements with them.